Our week was okay, all issues thought of. I truly celebrated my thirty eighth birthday yesterday (see extra on that beneath) and felt a whole lot of love. Ryan was touring (he returns at this time) however we chatted a number of instances a day and I stuffed my week with normal child commitments and in addition managed to get in some high quality time with mates within the type of lengthy walks (my favourite technique to catch up!) and my girlfriends additionally came visiting and stunned me with items and playing cards and treats after the boys have been in mattress on Tuesday evening.
I’m prepared for the weekend forward (plans embrace a fishing derby and two soccer video games) and hope to search out my means again into extra common running a blog subsequent week. Thanks for being right here.
Issues I’m Loving Friday
As I discussed above, my birthday was Thursday and it’s form of loopy to suppose I’m 38 years previous. In a single breath, I undoubtedly don’t really feel 22 anymore however in one other breath 38 seems like a real grownup, a real grown up. Once I take a step again and take into consideration how I’m feeling at 38, the previous 2 weeks of grief not withstanding, I’d say I’m feeling extra complicated but extra snug with myself. I really feel extra complicated in that there’s a lot extra I take into consideration that weighs on my coronary heart each day however I’m extra snug with who I’m, what I need out of life, who I encompass myself with and the household Ryan and I’ve created collectively. That is actually one thing I could write a weblog put up about as a result of I’ve a whole lot of ideas about “rising up” after you’re “grown up” however I’ll save these ideas for one more day.
As for my birthday, I spent it with our boys. (Ryan was truly out of city on a piece journey however despatched flowers and labored on playing cards and surprises for me with the boys that he hid earlier than he left which made me smile.) I used to be alleged to make my technique to Patterson Farms with the boys’ preschool for a day of strawberry selecting yesterday however the climate derailed our plans so we pivoted and stuffed the remainder of our day with wet day enjoyable: Board video games, do-it-yourself ice cream, early pajama time and tales. It was a peaceful, uneventful day however it was additionally a great day.
It’s been a sizzling second since I’ve discovered myself as obsessive about a sequence as I’ve change into with the A Court of Thorns and Roses (ACOTAR) sequence. It’s an exceptional mix of fantasy, drama, humor and romance (it’s steamyyy) and even if the second and third books within the sequence are dictionary-size novels, I flew via them and didn’t discover one single web page or chapter tedious or mundane. I liked each web page and really chapter and am making an attempt to tug out the fourth e book within the sequence as a result of I don’t need the expertise of studying these books to be over. I do know I discussed the primary e book on this weblog a couple of weeks in the past however I can solely say the sequence explodes and will get SO MUCH BETTER as you retain going. When you’re on the fence about this sequence, give it a shot and by the second e book, I’ve a sense you’ll be all-in on this one, too. I don’t need to share plot summaries in regards to the second and third books within the sequence as a result of it might give away an excessive amount of however know my rankings for each the second and third books can be a stable A. Love, love, love them. These books have actually been a present for me particularly throughout a time after I’ve wanted an escape and just a little spark of pleasure in my life on the finish of the day.
It’s been 4 months since we moved into our new dwelling and I’m so, so glad to report we lastly have grass. I can’t let you know how thrilled we’re to have grass in our yard as a substitute of messy crimson clay, particularly with three very outdoorsy boys who virtually stay exterior. We anticipated to have grass a very long time in the past however an unseasonably moist winter stored delaying issues. The timing of our grass appeared to coincide with hotter temperatures and sunny spring climate so we’re past thrilled to have a yard with gentle, lush grass the place our boys can play for hours and hours.
Our earlier dwelling had a small yard on a big slope so it wasn’t excellent, although our boys 100% thrived in our earlier yard and spent hours searching for slugs and worms below the entire rocks. An enormous a part of the rationale we bought the lot we did was for the flat yard and lake entry. House is the place we’re all happiest and Ryan and I stated having grass down and the power to really take pleasure in our yard and land is pushing us into “Part 2” of our transfer into our new dwelling: The skin period! We’re prepared for it!
Isn’t it bizarre how you end up gravitating towards sure music relying in your temper or what you’re going via in life? Elton John is my man proper now. I grew up listening to his music due to my mother and father however one thing about his music is touchdown completely for me proper now. It’s not too loopy or intense. It’s not too upbeat or glad. It’s additionally not too miserable or unhappy. It’s only a excellent mix of nostalgic, comforting, lovely and peaceable.
A number of weeks in the past I bought a make-up bag with adhesive letters on it for my good friend Laurel when she came around. I truly wished it to have numbers on it however the little boutique I visited didn’t have any numbers out there. (My thought was for her bag to have the room variety of the room we shared in our sorority home — Room 12 foreverrr!) Anyway, all of this lead me to finally Google to see if I might discover adhesive numbers which then led me to discovering a mega-pack of those adhesive letter stickers. I shortly realized I might purchase a bunch of them to make use of for future items and tasks. I can see these being excellent for birthday items (a mini backpack or purse for just a little woman), make-up luggage, trainer items, mini tote luggage, pool luggage and extra. This discovery had me just a little too giddy (I’ve already made two makeup bags for girlfriends you may even see above) and am excited to proceed to place them to make use of for enjoyable personalised gifting!
Beneath you will see a recap of the highest 10 hottest weblog posts and your high 10 favourite gadgets from April 2023. Hopefully this can allow you to uncover some weblog posts you could have missed or allow you to simply find an merchandise I’ve talked about up to now that received buried in weblog/social media mayhem.
Prime 10 Weblog Posts:
Your Prime 10 Favorites:
- TUL Pens (No lie, one other pack of those pens was one in all solely two gadgets I had on my birthday “want checklist” when my mother and sister requested me what I wished for my birthday. These pens have formally claimed the “greatest pen ever” spot on my semi-ridiculous checklist of pens I really like.)
- Beauty By Earth Sunless Tanning Lotion (Clear components, applies like lotion, appears to be like pure and doesn’t scent. My fav!)
- Diamond Painting Stickers (These have been within the massive children’ Easter baskets this yr and so they’ve been successful.)
- Amazon Free People Dupe Jumpsuit (The crazy-comfy jumpsuit that appears similar to Free Folks’s Sizzling Shot Jumpsuit!)
- Biggie Beads (I really like what number of of our children are obsessive about these items now! Our boys ask to do them on a regular basis.)
- Elk & Friends Glass Cups with Silicone Sleeves (The cups we received the boys for Easter. Dishwasher protected and the blue/grey/inexperienced colour set we received was lastly restocked once more.)
- Amber Glass Soap Dispensers (The dish and hand cleaning soap dispensers we’ve got in our kitchen. They’re lovely and have held up very well — no corrosion! — within the 4+ months we’ve had them.)
- Instant Pot Air Fryer (Our countertop air fryer! We actually use this a number of instances every week.)
- Dr. Brand Liquid Sun Shield (The sunscreen I put on on my face each single day. I swear it features virtually like a primer, too, and makes my make-up look higher after I apply make-up on high of it. Additionally value noting: It additionally has zero white solid!)
- AGOLDE Parker Jean Shorts (I do not know why these popped up as a greatest vendor since I blogged about them so way back however possibly an previous weblog put up gained traction someplace on the web and so they received some consideration? Regardless of the cause, I stand by these as one of the best jean shorts, particularly when you’ve got a booty and hips.)
Easy BBQ Meatloaf (This recipe will perpetually remind me of our engagement/early marriage days as a result of it was a recipe I made on repeat 10+ years in the past. It continues to be a fav in our home!)
Chocolate Chia Seed Protein Pudding (Aka what I had for breakfast 3x this week!)
Query of the Day
How are you doing? I’d like to know. Something thrilling occurring in your life? Any enjoyable summer time plans on the horizon?